Friday, July 23, 2010

Much More Comfortable

What a difference a day makes! This morning dad is back in a regular hospital bed (the "air bed" was the source of most of his discomfort yesterday) and the night nurse said he rested comfortably during the night. Still a mite confused; but she said he was coherent most of the time. He's been sleeping since I arrived an hour or so ago so I have not yet been able to judge his alertness for myself.

Later this morning I will finally get my rental care which will give me much more flexibility - I'm mighty tired of the vittles in the two restaurants near my hotel. Been dumping about $80 a day into cabs as it is...

Still too early to have any idea how the rehab/discharge plan will play out. I expect we'll be in acute care for a number of days yet. On Wednesday I saw my ol' office pal, Jerry Fuller, and he invited me to stay at his digs which are only a couple of miles from the hospital. He was headed down the Kenai for the weekend; but I may take him up on his offer when he returns early next week. I'm paid-up at the Motel 6 through Sunday.

Once I get the car I need to go find some clothes. We were only allowed one suitcase on the medivac and by the time I had loaded dad's medical supplies and my medications and gym stuff there wasn't much room for regular togs!

The weather is quite nice here today although it's supposed to be back to showers tomorrow and Sunday. Just spoke to mom and she said it's raining and blowing in Juneau. Gee. Imagine that.

The staff here at Prov are all very nice (they were at Bartlett in Juneau and on the medivac too). Seem competent, too. That's a good thing.

Later gang!

No comments: