Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On the Road Again

I just met with the discharge person and dad will be transferred to St. Elias specialty hospital this afternoon. Scheduled for about 2:30 PM...so I'm guessing we've got a chance for it to actually happen before supper time. There's no doubt in my mind it's the appropriate placement at this time.

Dad apparently had a fairly rough night and had to be sedated at one point. On the other hand, he was quite alert this morning although he has now dozed-off. The big concern at this time is his very delicate skin. He needs to be on his side to take the pressure off his backside and he cannot rest comfortably on his side for long. This is going to be an ongoing battle I suspect. Bed sores can kill at his age...

Coincidentally, the new hospital is only a couple of blocks from my hotel. I will be able to walk to work the next few days. I do not know whether or not St. Elias has wifi for visitors...so my posting may be confined to the evening at the hotel.

Finally, I leave you with a picture...I forget the source...but it was a story about how the panhandlers of Manilla have taken to dressing-up their dogs in cutesy costumes to increase their chances of cadging spare coins.  It has apparently become quite competitive.  Exemplia gratia:

Hey Partner!  Can you spare a dime?

No comments: