Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Phase II Complete

It took about six hours of serious pick and shovel action but I have now completed Phase II of the salmon berry removal project.  We broke 80 degrees yesterday and my car just told me it was 81 degrees when I pulled into the driveway.  Bet I lost a gallon working this afternoon.  An icy cold Gatorade really hit the spot!

The thicket.

 No more thicket.

I picture a weeping white spirea and an azalea. 

A few annuals survived the record July rainfall.

And I am pleased with the hollyhock mallow...

...which is doing well in multiple locations.

Hmmmm.  A campanula?  I don't remember; but happy to have him aboard.
 
If the weather holds it will be a deadheading and weeding kind of day tomorrow.  And taking the blowtorch to the weeds in the gravel - I've got a bad-ass weed burner.  When you live in a rain forest, you get to use fire in the garden.

No comments: