Sunday, August 2, 2015

Another Short Break in the Weather

A totally crapulent  week...rain and wind like fall.  Ugh.

But today dawned halfway decent so I mowed through three yards. Mom's and auntie's are serviced with a good old fashioned push rotary mower and a rake.  Mine needs the gas mower treatment if I am to spend less than two hours doing it...  All yards get the gas weed wacker treatment.  I'm pooped after I'm done with the lot of 'em.

Fortunately tomorrow is also supposed to be half-way decent and reasonably warm so I can get more done at a more relaxed pace.  The worst thing about bad weather is that when the weather clears briefly you have to immediately do the required maintenance routine without getting to do any fun stuff. Tomorrow I hope to do fun stuff.

My sister is in the initial phase of creating a 2016 calendar.  She hasn't asked me for any pics yet, but I suspect she will.  So...I've been going through the family album.

Here are a couple of classics which I may or may not have posted at an earlier date.

Dad on the 'Linda M.'

One of my favorite pictures of my dad.  This would probably have been the summer of 1969 or 1970.  Dad and I hand-trolled for a couple of summers.  This was in Funter Bay.
 
 Dad on his troller (probably the double-ender 'Cameo')

This pic would have been somewhere between 1946 and 1954.  Dad owned two trollers, the 'Cameo' and the 'Fredrick F' but I can't remember which he owned first and for how many years.

Looks like he was having a decent day.

Mom and Maynard

This is mom with my best pal's (John and Bob Chapman) basset hound, Maynard.  We did not have a dog when I was young.  Maynard changed that by casting a doggie spell on mom which has lasted to this very day.

Maynard would show up at the back gate and bark.  Mom would go let him in and give him a hearty snack.  He would visit for a few minutes and then want out the front gate.  He would amble up '11th Street to 'C' Street, turn right at Doc. Polley's house, and continue about his business.  Mom and I suspect he had a regular trap line.  He was a charmer.

No comments: