Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past week has been quite busy. We actually had three non-wet days and I played golf all three of them. Also power washed the folk's trailer.

Mi'va Rickey called and asked me to take some pics of one of Bob Doll, one of her clients running for the Borough Assembly. He's a pretty nice guy. Got some head shots, road construction site shots, boat harbor shots, and school renovation shots. It was kinda fun...hope the pics meet with their satisfaction.

On Saturday I canvassed my old neighborhood down by the federal building for U.S. Senate candidate Mark Begich. It was enjoyable walking the old 'hood. One minor faux pas when I went to the residence of Jim Clark, Governor Murkowski's former Chief-of-Staff, who recently copped a plea with the feds for influence peddling. Had a nice visit with his wife (who is a Democrat) chatting about the neighborhood. When I asked for whom Mr. Clark would likely be voting - she got a pained expression and said "He can't vote." OOPS! The classic turd in the punchbowl moment...

On Saturday evening I went to Alison's and Dougie's for an absolutely wonderful butterflied BBQ leg-o-lamb with a hoisin-based glaze. VERY yummy. Fred Fisher, Laura Flemming, and Joan Kasson also attended and we had a nice visit. One casualty - Doug dropped and broke the head from his cow sugar bowl - the cow creamer was broken-hearted.

Saturday Night Supper - Laura and Alison


My old buddy, Fred Fisher.


"Oh no! They killed Bessy! The bastards!

I spoke to Terry Harrigan last evening and she is going to come down to Portland for supper with all her Portland and Juneau pals on Saturday, September 13th. I am anticipating tons of fun on my trip!

No comments: