Friday, August 1, 2008

Meet Finnegan Dilley

My landlord and family are up on the Kenai for a week and I am puppy sitting Finnegan, their 11 week old Yorkshire Terrier. It has been a long time since I have been around a puppy - and the little dickens is keeping me hopping. This is not my kind of dog - but he sure is cute. We go outside to piddle every hour or so when he's at my place. I put him in the large kennel at their place when I go out. He sleeps in a little cloth kennel by my bed at night and judging by the size of the hole he has now chewed in said kennel, he should be breaking-out by about 3 AM tomorrow morning. Not sure what I'll do then...

Last evening we were in the yard and I looked up and saw one of our neighborhood deer. I put Finnegan back in my apartment and came out and took some pics. I got within about 10 feet of Bambi and even my flash did not spook her. Hunting season opens today...but for bucks only so she will probably not be gunned-down in the driveway for awhile anyway.

This gal has been around the neighborhood for weeks. So far she's managed to avoid being hit by a car - but hunting season is coming...

There's also been a big owl in the area. He was screeching again last evening although I did not spot him. He's got a BIG wingspan - damn near as big as an eagle. Big yellow eyes. I'm not yet sure what species he is however. I hope I can get some decent pics - it would help if the weather would improve.

And the weather has been TERRIBLE. Cold and wet. It poured again last night and the fog was right down to the water. Pretty drizzly again this morning with a low ceiling. The forecast is for an improvement...but that's been the forecast for a week. Like the sign in the bar - "Free Beer Tomorrow."

Well, gotta run and let the dog out and then I'm off to solicit a couple of sponsors for the fall golf tournament. I've been putting this off for several months - don't really know why - it's not like I'm bashful.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want that dog!