Friday, August 15, 2008

Countdown to Fun

Very little to report this week. The weather has been truly awful. I have read several books. I have watched numerous reruns of Law & Order. I have visited the elders. I have worked out at the Club. The highpoint was prime rib and cheesy cauliflower courtesy of Chef Alison.

My thoughts are turning to September 3rd when I blow this burg for some serious golf and other vacation action. I will fly to Portland and then immediately hit the road for Boise to visit my good ol' buddy Pat Williams for a few days. I'm going to drive to Walla Walla on the 3rd, then to McCall, Idaho on the 4th (via Lewiston), and then on to Boise on the 5th. Should have time for rounds of golf in both Walla Walla and McCall. Should be a nice drive.

Pat Williams, aka the Boise Flash, aka PW, promises good food and fun in Boise. Pat mentioned her son Chris and ex-Hugh are both half-assed golfers - which means they should not be too embarassed playing a round with me. I haven't seen PW in a good many years and am really looking forward to the visit.

Pat says she has about 15 pounds of material from our days at the Division of Legislative Finance she would like to turn over for my use. This is THE official Ho Ho File from the division. Later this Fall you will be fascinated by the adventures of Football Fannie and the secret rituals of the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Piranha (BPOP). Doug, Alison, Eric, PW, and Yours Truly will all be featured prominently in these tales. Think of a mash-up of The West Wing with Hogan's Heroes.

I'll spend the weekend in Boise and on Monday the 8th will head west to Corvallis via Bend. It's about a nine hour drive so I may well spend the night in Bend. Or not. After a day or two in Corvallis I will leg-it back to Portland. I have reservations at the Hotel Vintage Plaza from the 10th to the 14th. I will pick Dougie and Alison up at PDX on the 11th. I'm looking forward to all the traditional Portland rituals of dining, shopping, and visiting.

On the 14th Doug, Alison, and I will head up to Redmond for the Juneau Golf Club's Fall Tournament. We've stayed at the resort before; it should be POIFECT for this event.

Alison and Dougie head back to Juneau on the 21st; but I'm going to stop in Seattle for a couple of days for a little medical procedure. Nothing dramatic...just one of those screening things that has become routine for persons reaching my age...if you catch my drift...

With the exception of the last item, it should all be great fun...and even in Seattle I will get to see my dear friends Mother and Daughter Harrigan.

Tick-Tock. Let's get this show on the road!

For today's pics I offer a couple of wildflower shots and the Lesser Yellowlegs. Have a great weekend everyone!



Goldenrod on the Perseverance Trail August 8, 2008.



Yellow Rattle on Airport Dike Trail August, 1, 2008.

Sitka Rose on Airport Dike Trail August 1, 2008.



Lesser Yellowlegs on tidal flats off the Airport Dike Trail August 1, 2008.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I can't wait to see what Pat has to pass on to you from the old DLF days. Tell her hello for me.