Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hatches Battened

It's clouding up.   The forecast is for rain for the next week or so.  That may well remain the forecast 'till it becomes a prediction for snow.  Hah!

Having said that, however, I  can report that all garden hatches are battened for the winter at Auntie's and Mom's digs.  All perennials have been cut back (with the exception of a couple of yarrow at Auntie's that were still pretty enthusiastically blooming).  And mom's roof (just that part that feeds into drainage) and gutters have been thoroughly cleaned.  All wood is in the wood shed.  I even tossed my own deck-based garden.  We're ready for winter....

All my outdoor chores have been completed to the best of my knowledge and ability.  I need to get out of Dodge...

After I complete this post I plan on booking a hotel for a week in Seattle, and a car, and maybe a hotel in Portland for a week.  But I think I will remain flexible for the two remaining weeks...

But here from the "way back" machine...are a couple of pics from earlier this summer:

Dougie and Alison out by Eagle River - Ain't they Cute?

First Dead Salmon of the Year - Old Eagles Explain to Young Eagles How the World Works.  A Crow Observes.

No comments: