Monday, September 20, 2010

Vacation Plan - Sort Of...

Well, gonna blow this pop stand on October 1st.  Headed for Seattle for a week.  Then to Portland on October 8th for a week or more.  Return home on October 29th.  Lots of blanks to fill-in.  But I am inclined to leave them blank for awhile.  A week in Seattle and a week in Portland and then...what the mood (and weather) suggest.  I would be happy to spend the whole month in the Great Northwest - if the weather is decent; but if it takes a turn for the wet then there's a lot to be said for Palm Springs or other Cali destinations.

It has been another couple of beautiful days in Juneau.  Picked-up Alison and Doug yesterday.  They had a wonderful trip to Redmond, Oregon for the Juneau Golf Club Fall Spectacular.  They spent a couple of days in Seattle on the way home and scored a couple of nice dinners and live jazz.

I spent most of the weekend fiddle-fucking around with my new computer.  It's finally stopped demanding that I update this or that every time I log-on to the internet.  I've installed all the software I bought.  Yesterday I spent six hours or so getting my new financial software up-to-snuff.

Today I got back outdoors.  Leaf raking at mom's (she had already done about half of it by the time I got there in late morning).  Then to Auntie's for a mow, serious weeding and fall cutting-back/clean-up action.  Tomorrow promises more of the same - will finish with auntie's flower beds and then mow mom's grass and cut-back a bunch of stuff.  There are still a few things BLOOMING, however, and I am loathe to cut them down.  So it is likely that some stuff will just have to lump-it 'til next spring...at which time, if I'm still in Juneau, I will regret not having cut them down this fall. Although it is possible that I may have a further opportunity to do so when I return at the end of October - if I'm not shoveling snow.  One never knows when winter will commence in these here parts...

Finally, a family picture from a few days ago.

From left to right:  Sister Linda Siirila, Cousin Sandra Lindstrom, Mother Evelyn Lindstrom, Niece Eileen Nakamura, Niece Jolene Siirila, and the Inimitable Aunt Emilie Lindstrom

1 comment:

Diane Hart Tuck said...

I am enjoying all the photos cousin Elmer. This one especially as there is such a nice group of you.