Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nuttiness in Pursuit of Power is No Vice

Another big election day for the teabaggers.  Even Karl Rove denounced the Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate in Delaware as an unqualified nut-job; but of course the Republican Senate leadership immediately embraced her.  One is tempted to think the plethora of Republican whack-job candidates bodes well for the Democrats in the general election; but of course it is possible these people may actually be elected.  Amazing.

Meanwhile the extraordinary spell of fabulous weather continues in Juneau with no end in sight.  The forecast is for sunny skies through next week.  Amazing.

Eric, his hounds, and I hiked up Granite Creek yesterday.  The Granite Creek basin is one of my favourite spots in the area.  I'm stockpiling lots of decent pics; but don't want to download them on my laptop.  I still have four large boxes from Dell sitting here in the computer room waiting to be assembled - along with a brand new Photoshop program.  But I haven't been able to muster the energy to set-up the damn thing - I HATE fiddling with electronics - and the wonderful weather has provided a great excuse to do other things.

I continue to mull over a vacation beginning in early October.  I'm thinking more and more that a road trip down the coast is in order with a week or so in both Seattle and Portland.  But again the fine weather has kept me from actually making any firm plans. 

Well, time to head over to mom's.  IF she did not rake the yard yesterday while I was hiking, I will do so myself today. 

Later kids.

No comments: