Friday, September 17, 2010

Planted

Well, another couple of days of spectacular fall weather.  And a beautiful moon over Douglas Island the past two evenings.  If only one could count on weather like this on a regular basis...

On Wednesday dad arrived at the post office along with his death certificate.  Mom was determined to get him planted in Evergreen Cemetery quickly - so we motored back to town and poured him into a hole just below his mother's headstone.  Very unceremonious; but I agree with mom that it is the most appropriate resting place.  I'm sure the planting was not technically kosher; but I will beg forgiveness when the City places the headstone.  It takes a couple of months for the VA to produce and ship the headstone so - depending on the weather later this fall -  it may well be next spring before it can be placed.  Rest in peace, dad.

Last weekend my right ear got all plugged-up.  I've felt like my head was underwater for most of the week.  Finally broke down and went to the doc yesterday and they flushed-out my headgear.  Nice to be able to hear again.  Workouts were very unsatisfactory iPod-wise with only one ear functioning.  

Yesterday, I began in earnest the process of setting-up my new desktop.  Took me about two hours of fumbling around to figure out how to transfer my iTunes library from the old desktop to my laptop.  It seems to have worked.  I have also consolidated all my pictures into a master library now residing on my portable hard drive.  All important documents have also been removed from the old machine and placed in my external drive.

I have now opened the massive box that contains my new Dell and am balefully staring at its contents. It will no doubt take me all day to get it hooked-up.  I hate fiddling with electronics...

Finally, Lease A. Murkowski is set to make an announcement at 5 PM today on whether or not she will be running a write-in campaign this fall.  She's traveling all day from D.C. to Anchorage to speak and I can't imagine she would bother to do so if the message is that she's NOT going to make a run for it.  Will be interesting if she does take the plunge - I expect the Democratic nominee is imminently capable of placing third in the general election.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: