Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Short Break in the Weather

It stopped raining yesterday afternoon and was actually quite nice by supper time.  We took advantage and Eric grilled steaks and shrimp.  Very tasty.

I feel bad for my company.  They had shitty weather almost all week.  Although I trust they did have a nice visit - Patty got to see her two youngest daughters for the first time in awhile.

Chef Eric at the grill.

The Hulbert ladies.

No bigger supporter of outdoor grilling than Hope!

Haly and Patty leave early tomorrow.  It's supposed to cloud up and drizzle so I will switch gears to elder food.  I'll bake three loaves of bread and make a soup yet to be determined.  Last week I made clam chowder which is welcomed by all hands.  The week before it was cream of spinach which found favor on one front but not another. Mom loves chicken noodle but auntie doesn't.  We'll see...

I got lots done today.  Mowed auntie's yard and re-mowed and weed whacked my yard after I was rudely interrupted by a deluge a few days ago.  We exceeded the monthly average rainfall by the 15th.  Sigh...

No comments: