Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rain, Rain, Rain - and Did I Mention Rain?

A deluge at my house in the past 36 hours or so.  No storm.  No wind.  Just very heavy sporadic rain.

And my flowers paid the price.  I cut back a bunch of stuff today including some beautiful stalks of delphinium that just couldn't handle the water.  Sigh...  So sad...

But at least I have some pictures to prove they did bloom.


Delphiniums in the dogs' yard - hanging in there.

 Delphinium in the main yard...I regret to report they are no more...  R.I.P.

 This ungainly fellow is a Hollyhock Mallow.  From seed started in February.

 Beautiful blooms on the mallow; but I give them 50/50 odds at best to come back next season.



 My ligularia "The Rocket" is a reliable performer and just beginning to bloom.

In other news I took Leah to the airport yesterday.  She thinks she'll stop back in Juneau next week on her way home to PDX after visiting her aunt and cousin in Homer.  I hope we can get together again...

Next Wednesday company for my house guest, Hidy, when her mom and younger sister drop in for a week.  As always I'm looking forward to playing Juneau host and will have a chance to do some cooking for a crew which I will enjoy.  Aside from the rain life is good!

No comments: