Saturday, July 11, 2015

Just Like the Good Ol' Days

A very pleasant cocktail hour last evening.  My old boss, Jay Livey, has been in town for a few days so we did what we often did after work on Friday - head to the Prospector for a little libation. 

Jay and Viv are living in the Seattle area and enjoying retirement.  Serious grandchild action.  I hope I can get down and visit this fall - maybe when my cousin Sandra returns to Juneau for a week or two in October

 Jay is happily retired.  Chris is back at the department working on Medicaid expansion.

Coincidentally it was Karl Ashenbrenner's 40th high school reunion weekend.  Karl and Jerry Cousins made the Prospector the first stop on what I expect was an extended pub crawl with their classmates.

From left to right Jerry Smetzer, Jon Sherwood, Vivian Montoya and Jay Livey.

Jon now holds Jay's old position as Deputy Commissioner overseeing Medicaid with the Department of Health and Social Services.  He is a great guy  - he saved my bacon with the legislature when I was the department's legislative liaison many more times than I care to remember.  IF Alaska is able to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act I cannot imagine two more knowledgeable and capable people than Jon and Chris to make it happen.  

Go!  Fight!  Win!
 

No comments: