Monday, July 6, 2015

Supper with my Favorite Women

I went to supper at Salt with my daughters last evening - always a very serious pleasure.  The food was excellent.

We had several small plates for appetizers:  fried green tomatoes, halibut ceviche, spinach and beet salad and fried calamari.  All were good although if I had to pick one it would definitely be the halibut.  Seems like an odd preparation for a delicate white fish; but it works.

Amanda and Leah had the crab bisque for their main course.  I had the white king salmon in a spicy broth which was spicier than I anticipated but very good nonetheless. My daughters' good friend, Kira, had the chicken which was the downer of the evening - the sauce was salty almost beyond palatable.  But they made it right for her.  Dessert featured a pavlova, a meringue "cake" with blueberries.  I have already researched recipes...can't wait to try it myself.  It was delicious.

  From left to right Amanda, Kira and Leah.  Three fine young women.

Leah will be headed north to visit her aunt on Wednesday.  She may stop back here on her way home to Portland.  Sounds like another promotion may be in store when she gets back to work...

Amanda is hitting it out of the park at Happy Camper.  A big week for her over the 4th!

Damn I'm proud of those girls.  Love 'em dearly.  Woohoo!

No comments: