Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life is Grand.

Another post the same day...strange I know. But this is the proverbial end of the line. Tomorrow is a freeway drive back to Boston. So, for all practical purposes tonight is the end of the vacation. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

I had a great day. The weather was quite nice. It was a bit of a kurfluffle however...a KAL 007 moment as it were...

Over the past two weeks I have had several people recommend the Town of Woodstock for us leaf peeping types.

Yesterday, I drove near Woodstock, New Hampshire. I ASSUMED this was the Woodstock to which everyone was referring. I got a briefing from the landlords this morning. Woodstock was the place to go. I set off...having set my GPS for the center of the town of Woodstock, New Hampshire. Got there. Didn't look a damn bit like what anyone had described.

Got out the map my "landlord" had given me. Tried to enter some locations in my GPS. No joy. I FINALLY noticed that the addresses of the various places on the map for Woodstock had VT - not NH - as the state. Oh....

Recalculating....


The good news...this is what I missed yesterday.

A couple of hours later I arrived in Woodstock, Vermont. The bad news: It's a tourist trap. The good news: My detour took me back over roads I had traveled yesterday when the weather really sucked - and today I got some good pictures.

Whew! So here I am back at my digs. I've had an early supper. I've got a bottle of good wine and I proceed out to the lawn.


Elmo sits here



This is what Elmo sees

Elmo starts to think about the world -particularly the past month.

Elmo thinks about his elders back home.

Elmo thinks about his daughters and the trials and tribulations of youth. God I love those gals...





Elmo thinks about Tim and Mary Lou Milnes - the fortuitous email from another friend that allowed us to get together. And my Portland pals Arthur, Sher, Jim, Tim, and Jane god bless
'em





And the bloody golf tournament - poor cuz'n Dickie has got the golf bug bad! And my best friends in the whole world Alison and Dougie...

And in the Emerald City of course my dear friend T. (RIP Pogo); and my friend Brent Long who I look forward to seeing at Christmas in Juneau...


And then the wine is gone... Life is grand....

No comments: