Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Chores

A busy couple of days of outdoor chores. I spent much of Wednesday putting auntie's yard to bed for the season - even mowed one last time - pretty amazing for October. Yesterday was spent at my folks doing the same drill - plus chimney stack change-out and fall gutter cleaning. Whew! I'm feeling a mite sore today. It's not hard work but there's lots of bending over which I always feel in the back of my thighs and my lower back. No harm done however...

I also finished photoshopping all the Redmond golf pics and got them on a disc and delivered to Laura. They look VERY similar to last year's pics except, of course, we're all a year older.

Laura just got back from Palm Desert where she closed on the sale of her old condo on Tuesday followed by closing on the new and bigger condo on Wednesday. She's now got a contractor beavering away on some improvements. And she bought a golf cart! Not bad for five days work including two travel days... She appeared tired but content.

Yesterday I spoke to Leah and she sounded great. She had her first day of work at Clackamas County and it went well - aside from the fact they are horribly disorganized about this H1N1 immunization thing. Just like the rest of the country. Leah's moving into a new apartment in Portland. It sounds really nice. And most amazingly it is owned by Steve and Maria Marks. Steve practiced law in Juneau and Maria (Keithahn) Marks graduated from JDHS the same year I graduated. A small world, ain't it?

It's Leah's and Amanda's birthday next week. Twenty-six. YIKES!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: