Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Leah and Amanda

Amanda and Leah turn 26 years young today. Happy Birthday gals! I only wish I could share the day with them in person. They are wonderful.


Leah and Amanda have always been sweeties!

In other news, I've
been busy, busy, busy. Yesterday was devoted to serious cooking. I made a LARGE batch of beef stock in anticipation of doing lots of cooking while residing at the elders this next month. And I prepared supper for the whole tribe last evening.

It's always a question mark whenever I try anything new with the family - but the saute of scallops with mustard, rice with parsley, and glazed carrots with apricots and almonds seemed to go down pretty well. And the Apple Brown Betty dessert was mighty tasty if I do say so myself.

Earlier this week I made a large batch of chicken noodle soup which is dad's favorite breakfast food...

Tomorrow I'll accompany mom to her primary care doc for her pre-surgery check-up. And then we have a pre-op gig at the hospital tomorrow afternoon. She's scheduled for her knee replacement on October 30th - none to soon - her pain is extreme. She's ready to get this show on the road.

Last week's beautiful fall weather is now just a fading memory. Back to the normal October diet of rain and wind. The trees are now mostly bare. The very brief fall color is gone and the leaves are now a soggy brown mash underfoot. Yesterday mom noted that our first snow last year was on October 24th. Don't think we'll get any snow this next week but it won't be long...

I see that Microsoft is releasing its new operating system. This is a good thing. I desperately need a new desktop computer. Thought this one was going to have a stroke processing my vacation pics. Or maybe it's computer Alzheimer's...it just kinda stops every few minutes and grinds away like it's forgotten what it's supposed to be doing... It's over six years old which is about 100 in computing years.

Later gang!

No comments: