Monday, October 26, 2009

It Has Come to My Attention...

...that a certain picture has been circulating on the internet that purports to portray yours truly as an abuser of deer. I have located the offending image (below) and as anyone can see, I am clearly aiming at the green...not the deer. Look at my tootsies...they are lined-up well to the left of the supposed target ungulate. Trickery. Trickery. Trickery.

Although, come to think of it, hunting these semi-domesticated deer with a golf club and ball is certainly more sportsmanlike than with a thirty-ought-six (assuming such a weapon still exists). Not to mention with an assault rifle...

And while we're on the subject of wildlife...I must mention that I have added a new bird to my life list. A Downy Woodpecker. Black and white guy...never seen him before...but I spotted him from the back of my folk's trailer while mom and I were watching the ravens devour the hearty breakfast she had provided to them. The Downy Woodpecker is rare in Southeast Alaska. Wish I had my camera at the time...



Elmo carefully aims at the green...taking every precaution to avoid disturbing his four-legged pal

In other news - got a call from mom just as I was headed into the grocery store this afternoon. Dr. Smith had called and unfortunately spoke to dad. Dad's translation was somewhat garbled by virtue of his congenital habit of saying "yeah" to anyone talking to him regardless of whether or not he has heard a word spoken. And over the phone he hears very few words. Apparently instructions were given...but they remain a mystery...

I am awaiting a call-back from Kim's nurse to find out what was really said...

Life is grand!

3 comments:

Tim Milnes said...

I want to see if this works.

Tim Milnes said...

Given that Elmer Lindstrom is of above average intelligence, and Given that he is not a good golfer, and Given that he NEVER hits what he is aiming at, this court finds that Elmer actually decreases his chances of hitting the deer by actually aiming FOR it. Thus, if he aimed AWAY from the deer, he cannot be guilty, and if he aimed FOR the deer, he actually decreases the already statistically 0% chance that he will hit said deer, or any other deer, or the fairway or the green, or anything at all except the rough, and hence cannot be guilty. (There is, of course, the intimations that he had something to do with the dead cow, but that is beyond the purview of this court) Thus the court finds for the defendant, Elmer Lindstrom, and puts to rest the scurrilous accusation that he is an abuser of deer--although the court feels compelled to add that he MAY BE an abuser of anyone forced to play with him. So decided and recorded on this day, in the Year of our Lord, Wedenesday, October 28, 2009.

Elmer Lindstrom said...

Yeah! What he said...I think...