Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Delightful Weekend

A wonderful weekend.  Hikin' 'til hell won't have it.  Friday Eric, his pooches and I went up the West Glacier Trail.  It was cloudy...but a very nice temperature for climbing the hills.  No sign of wildlife; but a very enjoyable day.

Swanson & Associates on the West Glacier Trail

Mendenhall Lake keeps getting bigger as the glacier recedes

Spot the teeny-tiny helicopter flying across the face of the glacier...

Saturday I hiked-up to the face of the Salmon Creek dam with Eric, Joan and a pack of dogs including my house guest, Finnegan the Yorky.  Finn is a little guy but a real firecracker.  He had no problem at all keeping up with the troops.  Stayed focused.  Greeted other dogs with the proper mixture of reserve and friendliness.  

I figured a five to six mile or so hike would drain his battery.  Nope.  Upon our return home he promptly demanded an hour or so of "fetch the moosey."  Slept damn good last night though...
A refreshing dip in Salmon Creek
Trail rations.  They are on their best behaviour.
Joan and Maddie take a break
Finnegan thinks the woods are way cool
Today was a day of relative rest.  Took Finn on a dike trail walk which he seemed to enjoy.  Indeed, I may have to include Finn on more hikes - assuming his parents approve.  His owners should be back from vacation this evening.

I went to the elders for supper tonight.  Got the ol' coot outside for an hour or so.  Dad and I had cocktails.  A good meal.

Tomorrow I have to report for jury duty at 8 AM.  Hopefully I will be dismissed before noon...but one never knows.

Later gang!


No comments: