Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Easily Amused...

Forgot to mention that I was dogsitting my ol' buddy Finnegan, the Yorkshire Terrier.  A very nice young dog.  Full of terrier vim and vigor.  Yesterday afternoon the weather finally cleared and Finn and I took to the deck.  I located Mr. Moosey - the squeeky toy that good ol' Jasper was so fond of in times past.  Finnegan got seriously engrossed in Mr. Moosey.  Tossed it all around the porch.  Pounced on it.  Shook it ferociously.  Growled.

Finally Finn decided that I needed to join in the festivities.  I happily obliged.  I wheeled my chair over to the corner of the deck and made myself comfortable.  From this perch I could fling Mr. Moosey a good ways down the driveway.  Finn would tear-down the steps and fetch the unfortunate rubber ungulate.  We did this for a good forty-five minutes or so.  Finn slept like a furry log last night.  Hah!

Please throw Mr. Moosey!  Please!  Please!  Please!

The pitcher's mound

Tenacious Terrier with squeeky moose toy

In other news it was one seriously crappy weekend.  A big storm rolled through that bore a striking resemblance to a classic fall southeaster.  On the other hand we needed the rain.  It got pretty nice on Sunday evening; but today it is cloudy and quite cool.  And it appears to be raining on Douglas Island - and headed this way.  

Saturday evening was quite fun, the weather notwithstanding.  An excellent supper at Dougie's and Alison's.  Stu, Eric, Joan and I were the invited guests.  
Later gang.

No comments: