Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We're Going to Get a REAL Energy Bill

Just heard the President's speech on the gulf spill.  I thought it was (potentially) masterful.  My impression of how inspired it might be...was reinforced by the abuse it received immediately thereafter by the MSNBC morons who were outraged that President Obama did not demonize anyone.

I'm going out on a limb here, and I HAVE NOT looked at a single website or other news source as to the reaction to the President's speech; but I think he hit a home run. The ONLY important sentence in the whole speech was that when he DEMANDED AN ENERGY BILL.

And if he REALLY wants a bill; and if he's really willing to go for it...god knows he's got leverage that most previous President's could only dream of...

Here's a couple of Uncle Elmo's suggestions on how he might approach key stakeholders:

"Senator Vitter (you adulterous shit-hole excuse for a human being).  I see you just filed a bill to lift my moratorium on off-shore drilling.   Gee.  Not gonna pass, of course - and if it did, I'd veto it.  Just when do you think I should lift my moratorium?"

CEO of Exxon:  "Gee. asshole.  Seems to me like it was just fuckin' lucky it wasn't your well.  What kinda regs do you want out of this whole sorry cock-up?"

Senator Murkowski:  "Offshore leasing in the arctic? Are you really as stupid as your father?"

Go!  Fight! Win!

No comments: