Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Anatomy of a Move: Part 2

Whew!  This is hard work.  I've been moving my stuff jeep load by jeep load to the garage of the new digs.  I'm still a little ahead of schedule; but that is because I've been keeping my nose to the proverbial grindstone.

Yesterday was kitchen day which took longer than I thought.  Did the stove cleaning thing and packed up all the regular dishes as well as all the dry goods.  I do believe there were several items in the back of several cupboards that were last seen when they were placed there at the time of my LAST move - almost nine years ago.  It's possible that these items have exceeded their expiration date.

Yesterday at 3 PM I moseyed over to the title and escrow outfit for the formal closing.  Must have signed my name fifty times.  Most of the paperwork was completely unintelligible and many documents appeared to be the result of the recent mortgage/financial meltdown - things like attesting that what I said was my income is REALLY my income.  A day late and a dollar short...

Still, the deal is done and after filing today the bank and I will be the proud co-owners of 4121 Blackerby Street.  Yippee!

On Saturday my electronic devices consultant, Mr. Rickey, joined me on a shopping spree at Costco where a 42" Panasonic plasma TV, home theater sound system, 32" Sony LCD TV and various peripherals were acquired.

Today will be more moving and cleaning as well as a more mundane shopping excursion to acquire garbage cans, a mailbox and other less glamorous household appurtenances.  And at 4:30 PM my exile to the garage will end as I obtain the keys to my new crib.

My furniture will not be moved until Thursday morning...it is possible I may be able to get a little painting done at the new place tomorrow.  And Dougie will join me either this evening or tomorrow evening to hook-up new electronics.

It is also possible I will be without access to the internet for a couple of days as the move nears its climax.

TallyHo!

No comments: