Thursday, September 8, 2011

Like Watching Paint Dry

Beginning to get organized for my trip.  Spent almost SEVEN hours today with my laptop- I had not turned it on since I got back from Hawaii in February.  First order of business:  charge the battery.  Then go online and spend hour after hour after hour after hour doing the various program updates.  Fifty five for Windows - took over an hour.  A couple of dozen for the antivirus program.  Then Mozilla, Adobe, Apple and some others I've already forgotten. When I travel these days I'm like a pack mule. Suitcase, camera bag, laptop - at least I won't have my golf clubs this trip.

Yesterday was pretty damn nice - mid-sixties and mostly sunny.  Alison and I hiked the dike trail where we saw an American Kestrel - a fairly uncommon bird for hereabouts.  And lots of short-billed dowitchers.

 An American Kestrel

 Not great pics - but no mistaking the identity

Lots of Short Billed Dowitchers

This morning I hauled Alison and Dougie to the airport for dawn patrol.  They flew to Seattle today and will arrive in Redmond, Oregon for the Juneau Fall Classic tomorrow.  Fore!

1 comment:

Leah said...

You've got to get a Mac!