Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Attention Shoppers!

Well, here I am once again in the bowels of beloved Ballard.  Sitting at my favourite Tully's Coffee staring at the "for lease" sign across the street that once housed Lombardi's Restaurant.  I was rather fond of Lombardi's - decent food at a reasonable price and a very congenial bar.  Tough times...

Last evening Terry and I supped at The Dahlia Lounge downtown.  Best duck I've had - maybe ever.  Great atmosphere.  Outstanding company.  Tom Douglas, the owner and chef of the joint (and several other well regarded establishments in Seattle) was walking the floor.  A real live celebrity chef of sorts.

T. and I were famished after an afternoon of shopping at Northgate.  I purchased some bedding.  Still need more however - as well as a wardrobe makeover. While packing for this trip I was forced to note that I have exactly two pair of casual pants that do not sport holes in the backside or very ragged legs.  Doesn't much matter in Juneau...but I cannot wear worn-out togs here in America. 

This afternoon I'll head downtown for more shopping.  After a very nice clerk at Macy's failed to find either shoes or pants that would fit me I was given a consolation prize of a 20% off most everything coupon for a sale that starts today.  I plan to take advantage of said coupon at the downtown store. 

Tonight I will dine with some old high school pals, Kurt Ahrensfeld, Tim Milnes, and Brent Long.  Looking forward to the company.  Tomorrow T. and I will take Mumsy Harrigan to lunch and then hit the road to PDX and move dining and visiting.

Yippee!

No comments: