Thursday, September 15, 2011

City Fun

A very productive and fun day yesterday.  After morning coffee, chit-chat with Marian, and a half-way decent workout I took the bus downtown for some power shopping.  Clocked-in at Macy's about 2 PM and clocked-out about 4:30 PM. 

I am an extraordinarily efficient shopper when I know what I am looking for...and yesterday I was on a mission.  First order of business, wardrobe refurbishment.  I hijacked an attractive young salesperson to be my sherpa and set-sail for Dockers Land.  Found four pair and put the alterations department to work.  Then a couple of shirts, two sweaters and a new outdoor vest.  Bingo!  Wardrobe complete.

I then legged-it upstairs to the bed and bath department to find furnishings for my new king size bed.  This actually took longer than the wardrobe hunt; but in the end I was well satisfied and at a price that was quite pleasing.  I got 20% off everything yesterday by virtue of a week-long sale and the bedding was already on sale.  Bottom line - a $500 Ralph Lauren comforter with accessories for $178.  Nice.

Having done all the damage I could afford at Macy's and being a mite fatigued, I repaired to the bar at the Mayflower Hotel for a martini before meeting my pals for supper.  I love the bar at the Mayflower.  Huge windows that look-out on 4th avenue.  Great people watching venue. 

Then off to an Italian joint in Pacific Plaza for supper with Mr. Milnes, Mr. Long, and Mr. & Ms. Ahrensfeld.  We were seated at 5:30 PM and didn't rise 'til after 9:30 PM.  Serious conversation and big time fun. Took the bus back to Ballard and was in the sack at exactly 10:48 PM.

A very pleasing day...

This morning I had another nice visit with Marian and am now at Tully's waiting for her and Terry to join me for lunch at a little Thai restaurant on Market Street.  Then T. and I will head down to PDX.    We should get down to Jane's place between 5:30 and 6:00 PM. 

I have been somewhat disappointed by the weather - it's been cloudy and cool since I arrived - but no rain.  Looks like the weather in Portland will be a little better; but the recent hot spell is over.  No matter...

TallyHo!

No comments: