Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Homeward Bound

Well, time to mosey back up the road to Seattle.  I'll arrive home tonight on AS 79.

Too short a trip - although I DID manage to squeeze tons of fun into six days.  Yesterday I drove out to the coast.  It was a beautiful day.  I'll post a couple of pics when I get home.

Monday was the girls' day.  I took Leah and Amanda to lunch at Veritable Quandary on First Avenue.  I had a smoked chicken and mushroom crepe that was out-of-this-world. 

For supper we went to St. Jack's, a newly opened French bistro. The charcuterie plate was very good although I was a mite disappointed with the entree.  We then motored over to El Gaucho at the Benson Hotel for dessert - Bananas Foster with all of the at-table hoopla. 

The subtext of dessert was that it gave me an opportunity to meet Nick, a server at the establishment and a person of interest in daughter Leah's life.  He seems like a great guy - although it is possible that he was a mite flummoxed by our presence.  Not the best circumstances for introductions.  Nevertheless, it was a very satisfactory day all around.

I had contemplated motoring out to Leah's winery yesterday; but she said she was going to be swamped preparing 1300 or so wine orders for shipment to wine club members.  And Amanda indicated that sleeping-in and reorienting herself to PDX was going to be the order of the day.  So...not as much time with the gals as I had hoped; but still a very nice visit.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a very strenuous period of time.  Got to do some banking and other running around.  And on Friday I will start packing my apartment for the move to the new house.  Can't say I'm real excited about the moving part; but I AM excited about the new digs.

Cheers!

No comments: