Sunday, August 1, 2010

Company

Well, a little variety yesterday.  I met my landlord, Bob Dilley, at the airport in the morning.  He brought me a suitcase with some of dad's medical supplies and my mail.  So today I'll pay bills.  How exciting.

Bob was on a mission - to secure a new and bigger boat.  He succeeded and the craft will be sent to Juneau via ferry later in the month.  He seemed quite pleased and the rest of the family will be too, I suspect.  The Dilley's are serious fisher people - unlike many Juneauites a boat is a cost-effective entertainment for the family - they're out on the water all the time.  A larger boat will allow for overnight expeditions.  And the Lindstroms will get a fair cut of their ocean bounty.  Heh.  Heh.

Picked Bob up at the Dimond mall in mid-afternoon and we had a late lunch before I dropped him at the airport to return home.  It was great to have the company and he assured me I have not missed anything in Juneau.

Dad's faculties seem to have returned to normal.  He read the paper yesterday and we discussed several stories.  He took a keen interest in Mr. Dilley's new boat.  The edema in his arms is noticeably improved this morning.  He said he did have a tough night...couldn't get comfortable and his butt itched.  But no pain associated with his incision.  Amazing.

Later today I am relocating from Motel 6 to an extended stay hotel.  Should have a bit more room and be generally more comfortable.  Will have a workout later, of course.

Steady on course...

No comments: