Sunday, August 8, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

A very amusing posting by daughter Amanda on facebook yesterday.  She's spending the summer as a counselor at the Newman Foundation's Painted Turtle camp for medically needy kiddos.   
Question to a 10 year old boy camper: If you could make up a constellation of stars in the sky to represent you, what would it be?
Camper: Me and Lady Gaga at a Sizzler!
 A date with Lady Gaga at a Sizzler?  Go figure.  At that age I might have said "big ol' jet airliner" or maybe "my friends' basset hound, Maynard."  That 10 year old is going to go far...
In other news, a fairly uneventful day.  Gave dad a fairly rigorous workout this morning and afterward he was hoisted into a wheelchair so I could take him outside for a bit.  It was quite nice early this afternoon and he enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air.  He was pooped-out after I got back from my workout late this afternoon so I did not force him to have a second go with the weights.  Still, I certainly detected some improvement with his strength - particularly his legs.  Tomorrow I believe we will try to get him standing upright.  We'll see...
Otherwise not much to report.  I'm waiting for the laundry to finish drying and will then go out and find some food.   

No comments: