Monday, October 4, 2010

Charming

Terry and I took-in Nancy Wilson at Jazz Alley last evening.  Ms. Wilson's career spans some five-and-a-half decades - she had her first television show on a local station in Ohio the year after I was born.

This should tell you two things:  1) The lady has boatloads of talent; and 2) The lady is REALLY old for a performer.

Indeed, her first two numbers were pretty rocky - almost embarassing.  But the ol' gal rallied and held on for about an hour - with only one potty break. 

I would sum it up by describing the show as charming - a sold out performance - and supper was quite good.  I enjoyed a very serviceable lamb curry and a tasty pannacotta with fresh berries for dessert. 

Nancy Wilson recorded more than 70 albums and garnered 3 Grammy Awards.  And although the pipes ain't what they used to be; she is still one class act...  Nancy Wilson's Website.

In other news, it is a beautiful morning here in the Emerald City.  I am going to motor down to visit my cousin, Anne Marie (daughter of dad's sister, Ingaborg), and her husband Gene.  They live near Sea-Tac.  Then a workout and/or an urban hike of some sort...the inn is not too far from Washington Park which has an arboretum I have never seen.

Tomorrow T. and I are going to do a day trip - maybe over to Vashon Island for lunch and sightseeing.  And on Wednesday I hope to dine with old Juneau pals Brent Long, and Tim Milnes.

Vacations are good!

No comments: