Thursday, October 28, 2010

Congratulations Leah!

Just got a call from Leah.  She had just got off the phone with the folks from Sokol Blosser winery.  They are making her a job offer.  She was ecstatic.  Adios mind-numbing insurance stuff.  Hola a fun new job.  She will be working with their wine club program - I see a link on their website to something called the Cellar Club.  She met most of the staff at her second interview on Monday - including the co-presidents who are the son and daughter of the founder.  Lots of young people there.  Way cool.

In other news the wining and dining Portland experience continues.  Went to Bamboo Sushi with Jim, Jane, John, and Amanda Monday night.  We ordered a mess of yummy sushi - mowed right through it and then ordered more which also vanished without a trace.  Good and good for you...but it was the company that stole the show.  Dining in the city with friends is about as good as it gets in my book.

Tuesday was another serious carb-loading experience at Cafe Mingo with Amanda and Leah.  I had beef braised in coffee and wine over penne pasta.  It's about the best pasta dish I've ever had.  And again, the company was extraordinary.

Last night was a huge steak at El Gaucho here at the hotel.  I'm still feeling stuffed this morning.  I think I will need to double my workouts when I get home...all this rich food and wine must be taking it's toll.  Time to give it a rest methinks.

And indeed the party is coming to a close as I will motor up I-5 to Seattle today in preparation for catching the late morning flight home tomorrow.  It's been a wonderful trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the Job, Leah! We wish you all the best...Leah ( and Elmer)were great Tour guides for us when we visited Juneau for the day.
...what a combination, Wine Tourism Adventures by Leah...just order your wine from Leah and get the Adventure Guide/Map included( drink the Pinot Grigio @ Juneau Glacier,Cab. Sauv @ Mt. St.Helens,etc)
Tyson and Niamh had a 3rd child a year ago....we now have three grandchildren,Conor,Pippa and Cora
They are lot's of fun and we enjoy doing things with them tremendously...so have Leah put that( have grandkids)on her to do list.
Regards,
Manfred and Sally Warner

Elmer Lindstrom said...

Hey! Long time my friends! It sounds like all is well in Van.

I had a wonderful time with Leah and her sister in Portland. As for the grand kid thing - I do believe discretion on my part is the better part of valor. Hah!