Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Delightful, It's Delicious, It's Delovely

On Monday I went out to Burien to visit my cousin Anne Marie and her husband Gene.  They were in good spirits and I had a nice time.  Then a nice walk down to Washington Park and Arboretum and a very strenuous walk back UP the hill.  Time out for a pint.  On Monday evening I had great tapas - including a particularly tasty ceviche at a wine bar here in the neighborhood.  I am beginning to feel very comfortable on Capitol Hill.

Terry and I took a day trip to Vashon Island yesterday.  While waiting for T. in front of her condo I spotted an interesting vehicle.  A large van with the following stenciled on the side:  Bone-A-Fied Doggy Ranch  "Free Range"  T. informed me this was the local doggy "school bus" that would transport affluent hounds to the country to romp and play for the day.  Indeed Seattle is a very dog friendly city.  It seems there is a doggy day care, vet clinic, or pet grooming salon on damn near every corner.

But I digress.

T. and I motored over to West Seattle and then hopped the Vashon Island ferry.  T. brought along a CD of Cole Porter tunes by various artists and we had a little sing-along on the drive.  Quite fun.  It was truly delovely day.

Vashon Island is inhabited by between eight and ten thousand souls.  It feels very rural...yet folks can commute to downtown Seattle via passenger-only ferry or by bus and the Fauntleroy ferry in short order.  Needless to say real estate is pricey - particularly near or on the water.

The Vashon Island Story


Point Robinson Lighthouse on Vashon Island

My dear friend, Terry

We got back to Ballard mid-afternoon which gave me plenty of time for a good workout at the Ballard Health Club and then back to Capitol Hill.

Sunset from the deck at the back of the Gaslight Inn

It's another beautiful day in Seattle - but a mite foggy and chilly this morning.  Supposed to be in the mid-sixties later, however, so I will do some more urban hiking.  Perhaps I'll walk all the way down Madison to Lake Washington.  I can ride the bus back up the hill...

And tonight it's supper at the Hunt Club with three old high school chums. It don't hardly get better than this...

No comments: