Saturday, October 2, 2010

Seattle!

Got in late yesterday afternoon and legged-it into town.  Got checked-in around 6 PM and immediately headed out for vittles.  Every place was packed!  I finally stopped into a wine bar just a few blocks from the inn and had a good supper and an excellent Pinot Noir.  Quite fun. 

Slept in until almost 8:30 AM this morning, drank a pot or so of coffee and then wheeled over to Ballard for lunch with the Harrigan girls.  A very fine Italian joint called Piccolino's.  Ate a HUGE plate of veal and chicken ragout on wide pasta and a pistachio gellato for afters.  I am now contemplating whether or not I have a workout in me this afternoon.  A nap is another possibility.

I just made reservations at Jazz Alley for T. and I tomorrow night to see Nancy Wilson.  Supper and a show.  Should be fun.  We got the last two tickets - hope our table is OK...but I was assured there are no awful seats in the house.

T. and Marrian are their usual chipper selves. On Tuesday I believe T. and I will do a little sightseeing...maybe take the ferry over to Vashon Island for the day.  Not a whole lot of color here in Seattle yet, it still feels like summer and the sun is shining brightly this afternoon.

Life is good. 

Well, gonna see if I can rally and burn-off a few thousand calories of carbs... 

No comments: