Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Road Day

Well, another beautiful morning.  Watched the sun come up.  Have now had my morning coffee and need to pack-up and hit the road.  About 5 1/2 hours to Arcata, California today.  Will be hiking in the Redwoods tomorrow.

Another golf day yesterday.  Didn't play worth a damn.  Imagine that!  Still, it was sure nice to be outdoors in the middle of October in the sunshine.  Must have been near 70 yesterday.  After golf I motored to "Old Town" Florence and had a burger at a sports bar.  "Old Town" is pretty quaint...but only a couple of blocks long.  The rest of Florence is a five mile long strip mall bordering Highway 101.

I watched the end of the Giants/Philly game last night and back at the hotel enjoyed seeing Texas demolish the Yankees.  Dad would have really enjoyed the game.

Beautiful sunsets here on the Oregon Coast.  Of course, it's not nice all the time as the locals have been honest enough to tell me.  But after 55 years in Juneau - I know that drill - and they have a lot more nice days here than there.

Sunset from my balcony in Florence, Oregon

There is a flock of seagulls that have made the Driftwood Shores Resort their home.  They cadge a living by snatching food tossed-off the guest room balconies.  Indeed I see a half dozen of the big fat buggers circling outside even as I type.  Since it's a little after 8 AM, I assume this is the toast and English muffin course.  The seagulls aren't as smart as mom's ravens; but they know a gravy train when they see it...

Dougie just posted some African Safari pics on Facebook.  Sounds like he and Alison are having a wonderful time.  Cheetahs, elephants, giraffes, and icy cold Kilimanjaro Beer.

Well, the open road beckons kids...

No comments: