Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Parade Pics Posted

My 4th of July Parade portfolio has been posted on my Kodak website. Not too bad if I do say so myself.


Kris Gray - 1959 4th of July Princess relives her glory years!

In other news, the Juneau weather continues to amaze. It was near 90 degrees yesterday! In fact it was too bloody hot to be outdoors in the afternoon. Sure pretty though...

On the 5th Jasper and I walked up the new Gastineau Meadows trail behind Crow Hill on Douglas Island. The trail is only about a mile; but it's all uphill and it was over 80 degrees. Jasper was a gasper by the time we made it to the Treadwell Ditch Trail. And I was panting like a dog too.



A brand new trail!

Most of the trail is through the muskeg. Bet the deer hunters are going to love this next fall.


The Gastineau Meadows looking towards Sheep Mountain

Once you reach the Treadwell Ditch you can turn south towards Douglas or north towards the Dan Moller Trail - and ultimately all the way out North Douglas past Fish Creek.


Cooler and quiet in the rainforest - note the old logs from the original structure on the right.

This part of the Treadwell Ditch trail needs a lot of work. You have to watch your step with all the tree roots and in many places you're walking on the old wooden structure which is slippery and rotten.

Alaska Cotton in the Gastineau Meadows

I've got to take the Old Coot to the doc this morning. He is retaining a lot of fluid again. Mom has increased his medication twice in the past couple of weeks; but his belly and legs are still pretty swollen. I'm guessing it's slow-motion heart failure. Still, he has no pain so that is a very good thing...

I missed the wake for Chuck Nygard's mom last evening. Just wasn't up for a big crowd at the Moose Lodge. Doug and Eric attended and Doug called me in the early evening to chastise me for being a no-show. Mitch Hogins is in town too.

No comments: