Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer - the Sequel

Hard to believe - but we are destined for yet another spell of hot weather. Should be clearing-off later today and then sunny and in the upper 70's - low 80's through next weekend. Incredible.

I plan to make the most of it in the hiking, bicycling, and picture taking departments. Stay tuned...

Everything is more-or-less back to what passes for normal around here after the medical madness of last week. Friday was Auntie Emilie day with a trip to the vet with her kitty, Baby, and then a visit to the dental surgeon where auntie had a tooth extracted. Both of these events were fraught with potential peril; but both Baby and auntie were on good behaviour and were returned to their abode without incident. Yesterday I mowed auntie's lawn and both Emilie and Baby appeared no worse for wear...

Yesterday I also attended the picnic of the Juneau 4th of July Parade Committee. My sister, Linda, is a ranking member of the organization and she asked me to take some group pics. My pleasure...although when she sees the pics this morning it may not be HER pleasure.


My sister, Linda, at the 4th of July Parade Committee pic-a-nic


Nephew Lance was very happy to see his Uncle Elmer since I was giving him a ride home...

In other news, it seems that Alaska's gubernatorial transition went-off without a hitch yesterday. Governor Palin ended her abbreviated term at a picnic in Fairbanks where, after a typically incoherent speech (mostly whining about how mean the press has been to her and her family), she turned the reins o' state over to Sean Parnell.

At supper on Saturday (featuring ol' fashioned southern fried chicken by Chef Dougie), Eric mentioned that there is a new Palin tee shirt making the rounds. As I recall, he said it says something like: "Alaska - July 25, 2009 - The End of an Error"

I just googled "Sarah Palin tee shirts" and while this particular novelty item did not come-up, plenty of others did. I think I will get Eric the "McCain/MILF - 2008" tee shirt for Christmas.

Well, gonna head over to Elderburg. Then a workout. Then walk the doggies in Douglas (I am now backing-up Leah on a dog sitting gig). Then maybe it will have cleared-off enough for a pleasant bike ride. And with luck I will be sipping wine in the sun on the porch this evening...

Later kids.

No comments: