Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Quick Note

Another three inches of snow on the deck this morning...and that's no April Fool's trick. And down in the mid-twenties tonight. Will it never end?

Gotta run this morning...it's shower day for the Old Coot and he likes to get the show on the road sooner rather than later.

Yesterday I made a dental appointment for Dad. And, as with most medical related decisions involving the old boy, we took a circuitous route in arriving at an agreed-upon approach.

He has been wearing his partial plate of late; but there is a sharp edge to one of the clasps that is poking his cheek and driving him nuts. Yesterday, against EVERYONE'S advice he made a stab at fixing it himself with a file. I think the fittings for the dentures are made of titanium...or something equally sturdy and after ten minutes or so of filing and cursing the appliance was not even scratched. He then reluctantly consented to a visit to the dentist.

I need to get organized for my vacation - we're now in the ten day count. Today, I need to take a couple of suits and jackets along with an assortment of ties to the dry cleaner. Holland America still insists on dressing for dinner...jackets and ties are required for a number of suppers. I'm trying to remember if I've worn a tie since I retired, and I'm drawing a blank.

Yesterday evening Alison, Dougie and I met my old boss, Jay Livey, at the Prospector for a couple of glasses of wine. Jay's working for Senator Lyman Hoffman under contract. He seems to be enjoying it...he has known Lyman for decades...Jay worked in Bethel back in the early 70's. Jay's wife, Vivian, is teaching an education course or courses at UAS this semester. They'll head back to Seattle once the legislature and UAS adjourn from their respective terms.

Well, gotta run gang.

No comments: