Tuesday, September 15, 2009

But It's a Good Sore...

Four days of golf down and two to go. It's going to be a pretty closely run thing - whether or not I will be able to get out of bed on Thursday - much less swing a club. I'm a tad sore...in fact a LOT sore. And my game stinks. But it's big time fun nonetheless.

Cousin Dick Behrends has joined us for the Fall Memorial Classic. Dick and Candy are now owners of a three bedroom house here at the resort. Candy just flew in today and we'll see her tonight at the BBQ. Dick took a lesson this morning and then played in the tourney. None of us are exactly burning-up the course.

The weather has been great. Probably close to 90 again today. Not much wind. Got a tad sunburned.

I did learn a lesson today. When you have an unplayable lie you should take the one-shot penalty and move your ball so you can actually hit it. I flailed away at a ball in deep grass to the tune of about 6 strokes. Could have got out in 2 if I had used my head. Live and learn...

Alison had a great round today. But in fairness to Dougie, Dick, and I - she plays from the women's tees which in some cases are a 100 or so yards further up the hole than where we tee-off. On some holes I cannot even make it to the fairway which is very discouraging...

Well, Dougie needs to check his email...will sign-off for now.

Cheers!

No comments: