Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall Memorial Classic


A Motley Crew - Juneau Golf Club Group Portrait

A tad drippy in Seattle today - almost a quarter of an inch fell last night. It's supposed to taper-off today and back to sunshine tomorrow. The only event planned is supper with Ms. Harrigan this evening at Assagio - just a few blocks from the hotel. I think I'll have a workout and maybe mosey down to Nordstrom's Rack for a look-see.

But first, a moment to reflect on the past week.

This is my third Juneau Golf Club event and it was every bit (maybe even more) fun than the first two. My golf game has not improved (I shot better last year than this year); but since I play so infrequently I am not surprised.

The company is excellent. Everyone gets on well and I have yet to have an unpleasant experience on the course notwithstanding the fact that I play so poorly. Most folks are just enjoying themselves and not working themselves into fits over their game. This is a good thing.

Cousin Dick had a great time at his first tournament. I suspect he's hooked. Now if we can only get Eric and Jim Larson on board...

Alison successfully defended her Women's "B" Flight title for the second time - she's now won three years in a row. I know for a fact she is quite pleased...

Cindy Schlaufman hit a hole-in-one on the last day of the tournament and cadged a set of new golf clubs and much notoriety.


A hole-in-one on the 16th Hole. Way to go!

It was an excellent week!

It has occurred to me that I've now been in the Bend/Redmond area for five years in a row. This suggests that I like the place. The high desert of Oregon with it's Juniper and Pine landscape and mountain views is much preferable to my mind than the cactus filled Arizona low desert. Perhaps I should look into a condo in the area...

Dick and Candy just bought a vacation home at the Eaglecrest Resort. It's very nice. And they get the landscaping taken care of through their Association dues and have access to all the other resort amenities - the pools, gyms, biking trails and so forth - and of course an inside rate on golf.


Dick and Candy Behrends host cocktails and appetizers at their new home at Eagle Crest

Of course no location is without its downside. I expect July-August are mighty toasty and the winters can be cold - although with 300 days of sun a year I don't believe they get a lot of snow in Redmond. All things considered, it's a beautiful place

No comments: