Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Welcome to Portland

A very pleasant morning in the City of Roses. Coffee on the deck. Good company. Life is good.

I did just discover the FIRST thing that I forgot to pack however. The cord for my camera that allows me to download pics to my computer. Will visit the camera shop on Broadway later today.

Had a good flight down to Seattle...although the plane was jammed. Lots of fisher persons with many, many, many boxes of fish stowed down below. There were about 20 folks who had been over in Gustavus at some lodge.

I drove to Tenino and spent a delightful afternoon and evening with Tim and Mary Lou Milnes. They have a great place on the edge of a big tract of timberland. Lots of logging roads to walk on and had a nice outing. We went to supper at Anthony's on the waterfront in Olympia. Good food and an outstanding setting.

It was great to visit with Tim...another one of those old friends who even though I hadn't seen him in a decade it took only two minutes before it seemed like we had been in touch the whole time. That's what it's like with certain folks who you have known for decades. I promise it will NOT be another decade before we get together again!

Drove to PDX yesterday. It was foggy when I left Tenino; but by the time I got to Portland it was beautiful. A few clouds this morning; but it's supposed to be in the mid-70's today and in the 80's by the weekend. YIPPEE!

Gonna go downtown in a bit and do some shopping. Need to track down Tim Wilson and see about supper tonight.

Stand by for pics - Tenino and the Chateau Snowden. I'm sure I'll have wifi at the hotel later today...

No comments: