Sunday, September 6, 2009

TallyHo!

Wheel's up tomorrow morning for America. I'll fly to Seattle, rent a car and then drive down to Tonino to visit Tim and Mary Lou Milnes. Then Tuesday morning on to Portland and Chateau Snowden. Don't know if I'll be posting until I check-in to The Nines on Wednesday.

Got all my chores done so now I'm going to watch TV for an hour and then off to bed. Dawn patrol...

Auntie Emilie appears to be enjoying her stay in Victoria. She has been spending a lot of time snacking on fruit and vegetables - I suspect she will be ready to return home once she has stripped the garden bare. She's been very diligent about keeping us posted via email. The following is a representative sample:


"Sandra & Denis canned pickles today. I grazed in the garden. I had lots of cherry tomatoes, some black berries, several light figs, & one or two dozen cherry tomatoes, I do believe."

Life's simple pleasures... Now why in the world would she want to return to Juneau?

Her emails are amusing on several levels. Yesterday's missive started out stating it was 9:50 PM. Toward the end of the email she notes that it's 1:40 AM - a little nap at the keyboard is not unusual for Auntie.

Next post: dateline the City of Roses!

3 comments:

plumber55 said...

See you in Redmond, there is a new place called the Brickhouse, great food and wine list........

Elmer Lindstrom said...

Howdy Cuz,

I'm in Portland...will be driving up to Redmond on Friday...Dougie and Alison will be driving down from Seattle.

Haven't heard of the Brickhouse...but out favourite restaurant in Bend closed so we're in the market for a new hang-out.

Are you gonna play golf this weekend.

plumber55 said...

That is the plan, I come down Sunday to golf, Candy comes down Tuesday to recover from her and Amanda's Italy trip