Saturday, March 1, 2008

Elmer Hits His Best Round Ever!!!!!!

It was unbelieveable. I hit an 88! It was, admittedly, from the short "green" tees - between the ladies red tees and the standard blue tees - but still -I was thrilled. I have never hit under 100 before - from ANY tees.

I played a round with an elderly couple (both over 80) and their nephew. The nephew is a good golfer. We played from the forward tees in deference to the elders. I parred two parr five holes, three parr four holes, and three parr three holes. Never done anything like it! The green tees are about 600 yards total shorter than the blue tees - but even so...I KNOW it was the best round I've ever played. I was hitting the fairways regularly with my driver.

Life is good.

Yesterday was also fun...but not nearly as rewarding. I played OK by my standards - with a couple from Penticton B.C. They were great company. We only played a twilight 9 holes.

Last night was fairly active here. A big bachelor party before today's wedding. It was jumping a couple of floors above me. Lots of young males looking mighty subdued this morning. But the wedding came off - so whatever transgressions that may or may not have occurred apparently were overlooked or forgiven. A good sign for their marriage I would think....

The resort is braced for the arrival of the Alaska contingent. Shaved ice, sunscreen, and Alaskan Amber are being trucked-in from all parts of Arizona. I, myself, have inflicted serious damage on the local Pinot Noir reserves; but I have been assured that reinforcements are expected from California.

No new pics - aside from the resort the landscape around here is pretty barren. But I expect some very amusing people pics here shortly.

I understand Juneau is under a winter storm watch. Heh. Heh.

Elmo

No comments: