Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lick it!

Well adios Palm Desert - Hello Laughlin, Nevada.

It took about four hours to drive from Point A to Point B; and it was a pretty barren stretch of country I moved through. Including such exciting places as Desert Center (aptly named) and Needles. But it's sure nice here on the river in Laughlin.

Before leaving the subject of Palm Desert, however, there is one little story worth telling. Two nights ago Laura's neighbor, Bob, wandered over to the patio for a few minutes. Bob lives in New York (with the accent to prove it) and is a big-time manufacturer of envelopes. He looks about 70 or so and has a fair paunch and is fond of cigars and cocktails - so my actuarial instincts tell me he could drop tomorrow or hang on for another fifteen years or so - give or take.

The reason I mention all of this is that among the various amusing B.S. stories he peddled was the statement that when he kicks-the-bucket it is his intention to be cremated. Oh yeah, and then have his ashes poured into the glue vat at the envelope factory.

Soooooooo...for the foreseeable future, whenever you are paying your monthly bills and have the occasion to lick a few envelopes...please think of my friend Bob.

Well, reckon I'll mosey downstairs and have a workout. They have a nice gym. Then to decide whether I want to blow my entire gambling wad of a hundred bucks today or save it for later.

Adios amigos!

1 comment:

Susan said...

So, is this Bob's way of making sure everyone gets a free piece of ash? (Couldn't resist!) Ya gotta take it any way ya can get it!