Monday, March 3, 2008

You Make Your Own Luck...

Another great day. Not particularly on the golf course...although I did OK...hit a 112 from the blue tees.

Laura Beason, on the other hand, hit a hole in one. Again - not on the course - but in securing the "John Wayne Suite" on the top floor of the resort. A good friend of hers got the suite as an usprgrade upon check-in (they must be over-booked) and when he showed up at her hospitality suite she talked him into changing rooms. He was amenable to this on the condition that she would host future hospitality suites. A condition that she was more than happy to comply with - since she had every intention of doing so anyway.

The suite is truly amazing...bigger than my apartment in fact. A huge living area with dining table and a deck that runs around the building 180 degrees.

You will see pics from towmorrow evening's hospitality get together.

I played a round today with a delightful couple from Calgary. They were both excellent golfers...seems like they both gave themselves chances for birdies on many holes and made parr on most. Not me. But I sure enjoyed playing with them.

Got registered today. My initial handicap is 39. Which I believe means that I can subtract 39 from my real score for the purposes of the tournament.... So if I hit 112 (like I did today) my tournament score would be 112 minus 39 or 73. Which makes no sense to me because the course is a parr 72. But what do I know... I'm sure someone will explain it to me.

The good news is that I now have a GHIN (pronounced JEN) number and can enter my scores into a national database under the United States Golf Association to generate a somewhat reliable handicap. I have arrived....

I love my life.

Elmer

No comments: