Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Walking Around

I've been taking it easy. The latest from Virginia Mason is that Marian will be discharged next Monday, March 31st. She was in good spirits yesterday; but not yet ready to come home.

Day before yesterday I took the bus from Ballard over to the University District. Walked around there for an hour or so and took some nice pics of all the cherry trees in bloom on campus. It was a lovely day - although about 10 degrees cooler than average. I walked back to Ballard on the trail that follows the ship canal from Lake Union to the Ballard Locks. Quite fun. Took some pics at Gasworks Park and along the canal.

Yesterday started out nice - I walked down to the Locks in the morning. In the afternoon I took the bus downtown and procured tickets for Cabaret this coming Saturday. I had to wait on 3rd Avenue for a half-hour to catch a bus back and by then it was raining, blowing, and about 45 degrees. BRRRRRRR. I came home and took a hot shower.

I'm sore today from working out...first time I've done any lifting in about a month and it doesn't take long for the muscle tone to go. The gym is quite good however and I'll go punish myself again today.

No comments: