Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Scramble Day

Played a scramble round today. The good news is I don't think I hurt my team; the bad news is I don't know that I helped much either. I did sink about a fifteen foot birdie put and made one clutch pitch from about 50 yards that led to a parr save. My driving was definitely the weakest on the team - no surprise there. Each team has an A flight, B Flight, C Flight, and D Flight member. As a rookie with no handicap I was the D Flight guy for the team. I think we finished in the top third...but no payola.

I'm posting a few pics from Laura's hospitality suite. She was the charming hostess as always. It was great fun. Tonight was "Italian night" for supper...OK...but standing in line for steam-table food is never my favourite pastime. Tomorrow night is Mexican Fiesta night...

The weather was great today...a little chilly in the morning (first tee at 8 AM), but it warmed-up to be quite pleasant. Supposed to be nice tomorrow too.

The regular tournament starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: