Sunday, March 30, 2008

Life is a Cabaret

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

Last evening Terry and I went to see Cabaret at the 5th Avenue Theater. It's been a number of years since I've gone to a stage production and I really enjoyed the show. The cast and set were both great. Berlin in the 30's - politics and sex - how can you go wrong? Of course the REAL second act of that particular political drama was panned by the critics and several tens of millions of the walk-ons never walked-off... But that's a different story.

Before the theater, we had supper at the Pink Door in Post Alley near the Pike Place Market. It's a very cool Italian restaurant...Terry suggested the place as did Leah and Chris. Terry said the halibut was the best she's ever had and my NY steak was very good. I also had a bean soup that was very, very good. Unfortunately we had to dash before dessert.

It's cloudy and quite cool again today; but I see blue sky to the west and it is supposed to warm-up markedly in the next couple of days with ample sunshine midweek. I reckon I'll go have a workout and if the sun breaks through will go for a walk of some sort. I may mosey up to Green Lake. I drove by the other day and the park looked quite nice. Lots of power walking babes.

Terry and I are hopeful that Marian will be released from Virginia Mason this week.

Stay tuned...

No comments: