Monday, March 10, 2008

Palm Desert

I got into Palm Desert about cocktail time on Saturday. We had cocktails. Laura's resort/condo complex is fabulous. It's got the most elaborate, beautiful, and immaculately maintained landscaping I have ever seen.

The weather has been perfect. Near 80 in the day and in the mid-50's at night. We can sit on the deck for evening cocktails until well after sunset and it's warm enough for coffee on the deck at sunrise. Her unit is two bedrooms with a full kitchen, nice living room, and all the amenities you would expect at such a place.

We played 18 holes on the Executive Course (parr 63) yesterday and both Laura and I played well. I believe I hit a 94. I've never played a course with so much water. Canals and water features are on every hole. There are a lot of small waterfalls as the water flows from one level to another although there is not a lot of elevation change on the course. It's quite amazing.

We grilled burgers last night and this morning Laura made a great egg casserole. Yummy. Today is a day of rest. I might wander out to the pool - one of many, many, many on the property - after this post. And then, before you know it, the clock will be pointing to cocktail hour. Laura just took her friend Rachel who is headed back to Juneau today out to the airport. I understand there is a winter storm warning for Juneau tonight. Heh. Heh.

Tomorrow morning I will up-stakes for Laughlin, Nevada.

I've posted a few pics from Palm Desert.

Stay tuned, kids!

No comments: