Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hangin' with the Gals

The Portland food fest continues. The gals and their guys and I went to Paley's Place last night and had a wonderful supper and fabulous time. For appetizers we consumed fresh oysters, escargot, and steak tartare; Leah and I had an outstanding pumpkin and squash soup; various salads appeared and disappeared; entrees included lamb stew, halibut, and pasta; and I believe we managed to vanquish 5 out of 8 desserts on offer. Martinis, champagne cocktails, a good Bordeaux, and various liqueurs aided in digestion. A fine evening indeed.

This morning Leah and Amanda came to the hotel around 10 AM and we immediately set-sail for Nordstrom's. The gals appeared to be shopping-deprived; but I believe they made up some lost ground today. After Nordy's we assaulted Macey's and had enough energy left-over for sorties to The Gap and several other establishments in the Pioneer Mall. It was quite fun.

The sun is shining today and Portland is in high spirits.

Yesterday I walked for a couple of hours on the riverfront and took a few pics of the Cherry Trees in bloom. Tonight I plan to take it easy. Maybe a glass of wine or two in the lobby bar and then room service.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I think I'm going to have brunch with the gals and then will head back to Seattle. I spoke to Terry yesterday and she will be expecting me in Ballard between 1 and 2 PM. Her mom is doing well after surgery; but may be in a rehabilitation bed for a few more days.

I will be checking my email less frequently in Seattle. I expect I will go down to the Tully's Coffeehouse on Market Street every morning where they have wi-fi.

Next post: DATELINE BALLARD.

No comments: